Free eDiscovery Podcasts
Why should there be any interest in a free resource on electronic discovery where top experts share their opinions and tips? The reason is the cost of electronic discovery and the newness of it. For hundreds of years, discovery in litigation was looking through boxes and reviewing documents. At the turn of this century, there was a realization that most information is no longer stored in paper. The majority of communication is done electronically over tools like email. As a result, the complexity of discovery in litigation increased because most lawyers are not technologists. They had difficulty understanding the differences between paper discovery and electronic discovery.
Producing ESIBytes requires significant time, effort and resources. Our free podcasts would not be possible without the generous support of JurInnov, ReviewLess and the many guests who have appeared on our shows throughout the years.
Podcasts by Subject
- 23 May 2013 : U.S. International Trade Commission Adopts e-Discovery Rules
- 22 May 2013 : Case Update: For Spoliation, Court Orders $250,000,000 "to be applied as a credit against Rambus's [$349 million] judgment against SK hynix"
- 17 May 2013 : For Good Cause Shown, Plaintiffs No Longer Required to Utilize Predictive Coding
- 7 May 2013 : Upcoming Event: eDiscovery Project Management 2013 (organized by eDiscovery Intelligence)
- 3 May 2013 : Fourth Circuit Addresses Taxable Costs Related to ESI
- 23 April 2013 : Citing Proportionality, Court Declines to Require Defendant to Redo Discovery Utilizing Only Predictive Coding
- 19 April 2013 : Volume, Expense Insufficient to Show ESI is Inaccessible, "Rather, the cost or burden must be associated with some technological feature that inhibits accessibility."
For more news stories, please click here.